Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Senior Show

Last weekend our college put on it's Senior Show. As seniors we spent our fall semester establishing a concept and implementing it into a suite of art. I chose collagraphs. In spring we framed our works, I made shadow boxes and float mounted my pieces onto mat board, and then hung them in our art gallery. 


I displayed five works, four together and one that was placed on our title wall. 


We had a good reception with around 200 people. I'm not sure how I will be able to continue printing collagraphs since I won't have a press anymore but I have a good feeling about plaster of paris. Here are some closeups of my work. The glare is due to the glazing-I used plexi because I didn't want to put too much weight on the shadowboxes, plus it's easier to cut. 


 These were taken at a downward angle-the works aren't inverted like that. Also-I should have taken photos of these pre-framing.






 The image below is the banner for our school's website as an advertisement for our show-kinda cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment